It’s always lovely to win something; from a trophy at school sports day, to a free bar of chocolate at the supermarket. So, I was delighted to be nominated for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award by Clare at Clare’s Blogging.
The rules for this award are pretty simple.
– Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
– Put the award logo on your blog.
– Answer the ten questions they have set you.
– Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
– Nominate up to ten new people.
The questions Clare set me:
1. Do you prefer make up brushes or sponges?
Probably brushes as they allow for a lighter application, although for things like eyeshadow, I tend to use my fingers instead!
2. Do you dye your hair?
Nope. I tried the odd colour rinse as a teenager, but I’m pretty happy with my natural colour. I might change my mind when I go grey though
3. What’s your make up must have?
Concealer because I have dark circles – and have done since I was a kid – and a little bit of blusher because I am very pale.
4. What’s your daily skin care routine?
It’s very basic! Rinse my face with water in the morning. Use moisturiser and put my make-up on – use a minimal amount and don’t use foundation. Then at night I take my make-up off, usually with cleansing wipes, which work well and save time.
5. How often do you wash your hair?
Two to three times a week. I have fairly thick hair, with a slight wave, so it holds body and doesn’t go lifeless or greasy too fast.
6. If you had to go without make up or skin care products which would you choose?
I would be happy to go make-up free, if I could keep my SPF moisturiser.
7. What’s your favourite song at the moment?
Today it’s George Ezra, ‘Budapest’.
8. Read any good books recently?
I’ve just re-read Sue Monk Kidd’s, ‘The Secret Life of Bees’ which is just wonderful.
9. Your favourite scent in a perfume/ favourite perfume?
I love vanilla and amber and incense: strong, intriguing scents that work well day and night. I am a perfume junkie, and have a large collection of scents, all of which I love for different reasons and wear for different occasions. I can’t pick a favourite
10. What’s the last tv series you finished watching?
I just finished an American show called ‘Gang Related’ which was intense, violent but great.
1. Life Lyrics and Lemoncake
2. Fashion for Lunch
3. Hot Doug and Bun
4. Look Beyond Beauty
5. Hello, I’m Sarah Rose
My questions for them:
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. What is your number one beauty product?
3. What do you spend more time on before a night out; hair or make-up?
4. Who are your fashion and beauty heroines / muses?
5. If you have a favourite film, what is it and why?
6. What is the best shampoo you’ve ever used?
7. What is your favourite city?
8. False lashes, mascara, or both?
9. What is the best lip balm you’ve used?
10. What is your current mood?